Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Visit to the Pier

One day we braved the heat and headed to the pier to see what we could see. Here are some of the sights and a few pics of us :)


A pelican was hanging out with us at the pier. I think these might be one of my favorite birds. They're just so cool. When the girls and I were out in the ocean, one scared me half to death as it snuck up and flew about 2 feet from our faces. I had no idea how large they were; its wing span must have been at least 4 feet. We screamed and hollered and hurried out of the water. I had had enough excitement.

This looks so cool. Maybe some day we will brave such an adventure.

There was a dolphin or two swimming around the pier - I think this is the closest we've been to one in the wild. We were happy to get this picture of his fin barely sticking out of the water. If you click on the picture to see it zoomed, you can see it much better. :)

Joy, Glory and Memaw! Love the pose Joy!

Me and Freedom! I love to have pictures of me and the kids - they're so rare! At this point, Freedom was really hot and very ready to go. The excitement of the dolphin had waned.

No comments:

Post a Comment