Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Joy Broke Her Arm

Poor Joy broke her arm dancing around in the living room. I had the rug drying outside and there was a piece of material on the hard floor - she stepped right onto it and slipped and went down. She immediately knew she broke it as she screamed out, "I broke it! It popped!" I couldn't believe it. Jon took her for her word and started getting ready to take her to the Pediatric Urgent Care Center next to our house. When she started to turn pale, I believed it and helped them on their way.

Glory cried her eyes out. She probably cried for an hour after they left. I just held her until she fell asleep. I asked her if she'd like to pray together for Joy and she blurted out, "I already did!" We cuddled together on the couch with Freedom until the little ones fell asleep. Blondie, stayed on Joy's bed, waiting for her return.

The Pediatric Urgent Care Center said she needed surgery and sent them to the ER. I called my mom and asked her to come over so I could to the ER with them. A few minutes after I called my mom, Joy called the house hoping Glory, Freedom and I could come to the ER with her. The ER took better x-rays than the Urgent Care Center and sent us home. She got a cast the next day.

Joy was downright depressed over the situation. She continues to say, "I wish I never broke my arm!" This picture was taken right before we went to visit a nursing home with our life group two days after the cast. It was this trip to the nursing home that jostled Joy out of her depression. She came home herself - happy and playing.

Oh Joy, Grandma and I wish it was us who broke our arms and not you! We both told her that and she's just couldn't comprehend the strangeness of it. May it cause her to contemplate further that Christ loved us so much that He did take our place. Strange love - may we grow to know this strange love.

Glory's been taking excellent care of her sister as you might imagine. Although she's right there to do whatever needs to be done, she's still tough. When I asked Joy if she could do something, Joy said, "I think so." Glory responds bluntly, "Well, you got one good arm don't ya!?!?" So like Glory! She helps Joy get dressed and Joy says she does a MUCH better job than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment