Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Dad and Raw Cookie Dough

My Dad is so funny. He called me the other day and said, "Do you like macadamia nut cookies?" I really wasn't sure if I did or not. He said he had a big tub of macadamia nut cookie dough. "Well, how did you end up with that?" I inquired. "I'll tell you on our trip to Lamesa," he says. After a minute or two of unrelated chit-chat I just have to ask him again. "So how DID you end up with a big tub of macadamia nut cookie dough?" He then unfolds the entire hilarious story.

He explained that one day at work he found himself very hungry so he went to check out what was in the fridge. He opens the door and sees many tubs of cookie dough stacked up. He thinks, "Oh this is GREAT!" He takes a tub out, scrounges up a spoon, removes a spoonful of that cookie dough and eats it raw. He then replaces the lid to put the tub back in the fridge and he notices Ken's name is on the lid! Oh No! So he puts the tub back in the fridge and notices each and every tub has someone's name on it. He goes down to Martha's desk and says, "Hey Martha, are you the one selling all that cookie dough in the fridge?" She says, "No, it's Sarah." So he walks over to Sarah's desk. "Hey Sarah, I'd like to buy a tub of that cookie dough you're selling." She explains that the fundraiser is over and she has no more to sell. Oh brother. He figures he'll go to HEB and buy a tub. So, he goes to HEB only to realize they don't sell cookie dough in the tub like that! There's only one thing left to do. He goes to Ken's desk, who is on the phone, and puts a $10 on his desk and starts to walk out. Ken interrupts his phone call and says, "Hey, what's this for." My dad simply says, "I owe you" and keeps on going. So then my dad goes back to his own desk and after a while Ken shows up.
"Hey, what do you owe me $10 for?" My Dad says, "Did you buy some of that cookie dough from Sarah?"
"Yes, I bought 3 tubs."
"No you didn't. You just bought two tubs. I bought one of yours."

My dad's beloved personality really shines in this story. So many things about it are so funny. He told me, "I'm just like a dog! I scrounge around and if there's food, I just eat it!"

My dad could never be the man that took a spoonful of someone's beautifully leveled cookie dough and then just leave it in that pitiful state. He's got to make the situation right. He's not the type that could live with himself doing a thing like that! The way he went about reconciling the issue cracks me up and is so indicative of HIM. I will lie in bed and laugh about "No, you didn't. You just bought two tubs." for a while. That line will stay with me forever, just like, when he walked up to the counter at KFC and said, "This biscuit needs a haircut."

I love you Dad.

Here's some pictures he sent me of him with the aforesaid cookie dough per my request. It looks like much more than 1 spoonful is missing.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! That was hilarious! And in this picture Lynn looks sooo much like Papa its crazy. Just glancing at the picture at first, I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading about your Half Marathon Experience, then seeing this picture....I'm all chocked up! Thanks so much for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete